Wednesday 29 December 2010

Oh Dear ...

My writing magazine contained an article about setting up a blog recently. It suggested that it is a useful tool for ensuring that you write 'something' regularly when all else seems to be failing. Oh dear - no new entry on mine since August - says a lot that!

Well, what with the new year looming I thought I should take heart, make a resolution and log in again! Don't get me wrong though, lack of blog update does not equal lack of writing, I have been typing and scribbling away quite a lot, promise.

I have a short story and monologue in the offing and the novel, well, um, that has undergone radical re-modelling and the first draft will be finished by Christmas 2011. My own fault really. Some people plan to death, others just write, I clearly need a bit of both and don't mind admitting that I am still feeling my way on the planning front. No matter how much you read about what other people do you just have to trust yourself and settle for what works for you. I'm finally happy with the 'shape' of the thing I just need to get it out of my head and on to the memory stick now!

Resolutions not only include the first draft but also some more short stories which will be a useful outlet for the ideas cramming my notebook to bursting point and distracting my mind from getting on with the first draft. The odd monologue may come along as well, after all, variety is the spice of life!

I will of course check in here a bit more often - a few more followers wouldn't go amiss either! Nothing like a bit of added pressure ...

H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment