Sunday 8 January 2012

Ready...steady...go!

Sounds simple that - 'ready, steady, go' but it isn't...well, not for me anyway! As regular followers will know I attempted my first novel last year and 2012 will see my second (hopefully) more successful attempt.

I have planned and prepared...to a certain extent...and I am poised to begin but there is something elusive about those first few words - even if they aren't going to be the final opening words - you still want them to be right, dramatic, captivating, you want them to grab you in and push you on. You know what you want to say but you want to say it well but the words get stuck. My fingers are poised in anticipation and I know I am going to have to just get on with it but sometimes it just isn't that easy.

I'll keep you posted.

H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment