Wednesday 11 April 2012

Dead Man's Tree riding high!

I would just like to thank fellow Shortbread contributor Andy for pointing out that Dead Man's Tree is currently sitting as second most popular story on the Shortbread website with a staggering 500+ reads!

To say I am amazed would be a ridiculous understatement however I am extremely flattered. I thoroughly enjoyed writing the story and wondered how the rather strange scene (if you haven't read it yet click on the Shortbread icon right) would be received but my misgivings have so far been thankfully unfounded.

A very lovely 40th birthday present indeed so thank you everyone who has taken the time to read and comment. There are plenty more stories to come!

The novel is still progressing well although I have taken a few days off this week to spend some quality time with family and friends. I may not be in front of the keyboard all day but that hasn't stopped me continually thinking about the the plot, characters and overall development in every quiet moment. I am actually beginning to believe that this one - as I am noted for saying - has certainly 'got legs!'

H-J

2 comments:

  1. Wow, no wonder it's so popular - its so good! I had no idea whatsoever where you were going with it - I'm impressed you could pack so many twists into a short story! Infact I'm mildly jealous because I find short stories difficult to write! But seriously, well done x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much for taking the time to read and comment - I am very flattered. The story was written quite quickly for me which also adds to the intrigue as Kathy Never Came Home took ages to finish and has attracted far less attention! I only hope the same will not be said for the novel! Thanks again. H-J

      Delete