Monday 10 June 2013

Moving swiftly on

Well, I've done it! I've finally mustered the courage to submit my efforts to an agent. I can't begin to tell you how it felt to hit the send button and see the words 'your submission has been successfully received' flash up but my hands are still shaking. A friend equated the feeling to sending naked pictures of yourself out into the world for general scrutiny and I think that comes pretty close. Vulnerable, exposed, nauseous, shocked...well, you get the idea.

By way of celebration I have made a few changes to the blog. I hope you all approve? And as a  change is as good as a rest I've already started thinking about the next novel. The bare bones are beginning to appear and the notebook is constantly by my side as ideas and inspiration roll in. The thought of doing it all again fills me with excitement rather than trepidation which can only be a good thing, surely?

So, as the waiting begins in earnest the world keeps turning and the cycle begins again. I will of course keep you all posted and thank you for your continued support and encouragement!

H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment