Thursday 24 October 2013

Back in the saddle again!

Crikey, it seems like ages! The flu has finally fled and despite life becoming increasingly complicated (details to follow), I have found the time and energy to start writing again.

This week I have managed to edit the first dozen chapters of my novel and, given the pain in my neck, I know it has been a productive few days. I have also had to come to terms with the fact that I won't be published by the end of the year. It has been quite a jolt accepting that what I thought was perfect was, actually, far from it. However, what is the point of doing anything in life if we aren't prepared to learn and improve as we go along?

My current plan is to have read/edited the whole novel again by the 9th of November when I will be journeying to Bedford to take part, for the first time, in the Festival of Romance! I have secured tickets to three of the events running on the Saturday. They include:

The Romance Fair where there will be gifts, books, authors etc

Coffee and Cake Morning  where I will get the chance to meet romance authors including Miranda Dickinson and Sue Moorcroft

and finally...

An audience with Katie Fforde which I guess, speaks for itself!

Needless to say I am rather excited. I have my business cards at the ready and can't wait to meet other like minded folk and hopefully make some new 'writer friends'.

Until then I'll keep writing whenever and wherever I can and with half term looming on the horizon that shouldn't be too hard!

H-J








No comments:

Post a Comment