Sunday 7 September 2014

Festival of Romance 2014

I've had a look back through the blog archives this morning and found the post I wrote after attending The Festival of Romance last year. The piece called Powder Pink and Pearls is full of enthusiasm, excitement and gratitude for the support and encouragement I received from the authors I met, many of  whom I have stayed in touch with ever since.

Now Festival time is upon us again, this weekend in fact and I've been mulling over everything I've achieved in the last 12 months and feeling rather proud.

I've secured RNA NWS membership and have had my novel, The Cherry Tree Cafe, critiqued (this time last year I hadn't even written it)
I've written over 65,000 words of my next novel The Skylark Serenade
I've organised and run the summer long Path to Publication feature, featuring a wonderful bunch of fellow RNA NWS members
My blogging travels have seen me featured on the Novelicious Blog, The Write Romantics, as well as Liz Tipping and Jennifer Joyce's blogs
I've uploaded 10 chapters of The Cherry Tree Cafe on Wattpad along with a couple of my short stories and had some great feedback


Practically everything I've achieved since the Festival has been a result of the warm welcome and support I received last year, so thank you Romance Authors, you really are a terrific bunch! All that remains now is to see The Cherry Tree Cafe published and it'll be mission accomplished, for the time being at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment