Sunday 28 December 2014

Path to Publication Festive Round Up - Morton Gray

Path to Publication Blog Post – Morton Gray



Thank you for inviting me back to your blog, Heidi. It’s been a bit of a roller coaster ride since I was here last on 14 August 2014. Having felt quite positive about my writing earlier in the year, I hit a big low in September and October. This coincided with a period of poor health and a big change in my routines when my youngest son started senior school. I stopped writing and editing, and wondered if I would ever start again.

A chance conversation led me to set up a local group of writers who were having doubts or just needed contact with other writers. We’ve now had three meetings and they are supportive, inspirational and informative, as well as a jolly good laugh.

Add in a fantastic course by Alison May (Sweet Nothing, Holly’s Christmas Kiss and Cora’s Christmas Kiss all with Choclit), run for the RNA Birmingham Chapter, covering the demystification of editing and I’m back on track.

I remembered how much satisfaction I gleaned from the annual November novel writing challenge, NaNoWriMo, in previous years and decided to do it again. Just over 50,000 words in 24 days, helped me to get my mojo back. I will edit this novel for my RNA New Writers’ Scheme entry for 2015.
A tale of a writer saved, I think!


No comments:

Post a Comment