Thursday 1 January 2015

Welcome to 2015!

If someone had sat me down on January 1st last year and given me just a tiniest glimpse of what was going to happen during the next twelve tumultuous months there would have been no way I would have believed them or thought myself capable of reaching such dizzy heights.

This time last year I was still dithering about whether or not to try and secure a place on the RNA New Writers Scheme and now, here I sit with a book deal, a publication date and a heart swelling with pride as well as a little intermittent beat of trepidation.



The home front has been manic of course. The house move from hell that spanned eight, yes eight months, from having the offer accepted to picking up the keys. We've survived an oil leak, less than legal electrics and now major drainage problems...so far. We've gained a new family member in the guise of pussy extraordinaire Storm and as for hiccups on the vehicle front well, you get the idea.

But balancing all of that has been the first draft of another novel, some amazing literary trips to The Festival of Romantic Fiction and the BATC creative writing masterclass along with the pleasure of making new and firm friends and of course meeting the thoroughly formidable Dame Milly Johnson! All that excitement before I received the amazing news that the wonderful Sara-Jade Virtue, Clare Hey and the team at Books and The City love The Cherry Tree Cafe as much as I do and will be publishing it this Summer!



2014 was an absolute roller coaster of a ride and I can honestly say I can't wait to grab my seat on the extravaganza that will be 2015! I hope you'll hop on board with me and I take this opportunity before we take the plunge to wish all a hugely healthy and successful year!

Much love,

Heidi Swain x

No comments:

Post a Comment