Sunday 18 October 2015

Bagging the Number 1 spot, fun with Bumfrey and the Author Event Round-up

Well where do I begin? The end of last week was packed with authorial highlights and coming on the back of The Cherry Tree Cafe being included in the Amazon Autumn Sale, it simply couldn't have been better timed! I am delighted to report that by Monday morning the novel was sitting at number 7 in the paid Kindle store and NUMBER 1 in Kindle contemporary romance. I don't think I've ever achieved top spot in anything before so as you can imagine I'm feeling really rather chuffed! (This screenshot was taken on Sunday when I thought the novel couldn't possibly climb any higher)!


It was great to head back to Radio Norfolk for another chat on Friday, (this time with Stephen Bumfrey) and with such great statistics to share as well as news of the Author Event at the Virgin Lounge in Norwich which was happening the day after, it was a beautiful piece of authorial engineering. By which I of course mean a complete stroke of luck!


The reading and Q and A session on Saturday was an absolute dream! Extremely well attended, standing room only is never a bad thing and there were some great questions including whether I had any plans to write another Cherry Tree novel, had I finished Novel Number 2, how did I learn about getting published and how important do I feel social media is in regard to generating sales.


I have to admit I was a bit nervous about whether or not anyone would have anything to ask but once the ball got rolling they just kept coming! By the time we had finished it was of course time for tea and cake and I was delighted that people stayed to chat for so long. In fact they stayed so long it was a rush to get out of the door at one o'clock.


I'm going to take this opportunity to say huge and heartfelt thanks to Francesca and the entire Virgin Lounge team for making me feel so welcome and for keeping the teas and coffees flowing. The Lounge was the perfect venue for my first solo reading and I'm already looking forward to going back. Thanks also to Sara-Jade at Books and The City for providing the fabulous book bags which went down an absolute storm!


After all this excitement I wouldn't mind a bit of a rest but the final edits for Novel Number 2 are awaiting my full attention so it's full steam ahead with the writing life and back to some ludicrously early starts! Wishing you all a wonderful week and thank you all for your continued encouragement and support.

H x


No comments:

Post a Comment