Monday 30 November 2015

My Festive Reads and a tiny glass of sherry!

I don't know about you lot, but I seem to have found my Christmas Spirit far earlier than usual this year and no, before the accusations start, I haven't been swigging the sherry before breakfast again. I can't quite put my finger on what exactly it is, but there seems to be something in the air this year and it has definitely got me in the mood!

I'm going to partly lay the blame at the door of fabulous Rebecca Pugh (Beccas Boooks)  http://beccasbooooks.blogspot.co.uk/ and not just because she invited me to feature in her fabulous festive extravaganza. It was actually her mention of Smooth Xmas that started the seasonal stirring. Ever since she posted that the station was belting out in her bedroom my fingers have been itching to tune in and surrender to Elton's, Step into Christmas (my all-time fave Christmas song) and dance around like a loon.


Ordinarily the magical mist descends on December 1st but this year, by mid-November I was good to go and have been dancing around like the aforementioned loon, baking mince pies and I readily admit to sipping the occasional thimble of sherry. This merry madness has meant that I've started on the Festive Reads far earlier than usual, but that can only be a good thing, right? I mean, who doesn't want to immerse themselves in snow encrusted scenes and cheering chapters?

Holly Hepburn kicked off my list this year with her fabulous Novella, Snowdrops at The Star and Sixpence which I absolutely adored! I haven't met a hot blooded woman yet who can resist the burly attractions of a blacksmith... Next up was The Night Before Christmas from Scarlett Bailey and I'm currently wrapped up in Coming Home For Christmas by Patricia Scanlan.


Treats still to come include...
A Miracle at Macy's by Lynn Marie Hulsman
Every Time a Bell Rings by Carmel Harrington
A Christmas Cracker by Trisha Ashley
A Cottage in the Country by Linn B Halton

Oh and then there's the kindle! How To Stuff Up Christmas by Rosie Blake is patiently waiting in the wings along with Sleigh Bells in The Snow by Sarah Morgan and Christmas at The Gingerbread Cafe by Rebecca Raisin.

Mr Dickens Christmas Carol will enter stage left the day before Christmas Eve and to be honest, by then I think I'll be all read out!


I would love to know what you have lined-up on your Festive Reads pile this year so please leave a comment and let me know. Also, do feel free to share any recommendations! Wishing you all a fabulous start to December. Don't forget to hang up the calendar!

H x


No comments:

Post a Comment