Monday 11 April 2016

The countdown begins...

Do you know, I don't think I'll ever be able to hear the words 'one day' being uttered without feeling my heart skip a beat and it has nothing to do with David Nicholls! Any of you familiar with my path to publication journey will know that as a member of the Romantic Novelists Association New Writers Scheme in 2014 I quite literally screwed my courage to the sticking place and when the day dawned, sent The Cherry Tree Cafe off to the wonderful Books and The City for consideration as part of their #DigitalOriginals #OneDay call for unsolicited submissions, and the rest as they say, is history.

The fabulous Books and The City Team are the digital imprint of Simon & Schuster and as you are also probably aware being a #DigitalOriginals author can lead on to even bigger things. My current contract is for both ebooks and paperbacks which is simply beyond thrilling, I am invited to wonderful events, enjoy the support of a fabulous marketing team and have the benefit of seeing my work shine courtesy of the input from some of the best editors in the business. And guess what? This summer they're putting out another call for submissions and giving even more aspiring authors the opportunity to become published!



Click the link for everything you need to know about how, when and what to submit...


My wonderful editor, Clare Hey

So, if you are an aspiring author with a great story to tell then you absolutely have to have July 15th 2016 engraved in every diary and on every calendar you own because this is one opportunity that is simply too good to miss and before you say it, I know you're nervous, I know you have no confidence and I know you don't think that a single thing you have written is good enough and how do I know this? Because in 2014 I was feeling exactly the same way but look at just what happened when I decided to go for it...


I wrote that post about a year ago now but I still feel that same buzz when I read it, an even bigger buzz in fact knowing everything that has happened since. I know it is a cliche and you will probably roll your eyes, but I wasted at least a couple of decades because I didn't think I could do it but in the end I did. Life really is too short to waste folks so if you have a story that you love then get it polished, get it primed, write that killer synopsis and become part of the #OneDay phenomenon.

Wishing you all the very best of luck!

H x

7 comments:

  1. How exciting- thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start in my novel. I have some ideas but not enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Heidi, what a great opportunity and your journey is a true inspiration. Here's to having courage and going for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Heidi. Inspiring read. All the best with your next book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comments Kelly, Tanya, Elaina and Suzy! This really is a wonderful opportunity and a great motivator. An open submissions day will surely help to keep the words pouring on to the page! H x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely, inspiring blog post...thank you for sharing!
    Look forward to reading book 2 :-)
    Helen J Rolfe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm delighted you enjoyed it Helen! Thank you for reading and commenting. H x

      Delete