Monday 25 April 2016

Welcoming Clare to the blog...

This week I am delighted to extend a warm welcome to a new guest to the blog. Clare and I met locally through the joys of social media a couple of years ago but now she is a member of the Romantic Novelists Association New Writers Scheme and the Norfolk Chapter, I thought it would be nice to introduce her to everyone and pester her to spread her wings a little...


My name is Clare and I have had erm… a colourful life. I live by the mantra that we are only here once and so I have managed to chalk up 4 marriages and 6 children in my 36 years. (One fact in that previous sentence is not entirely true). I have spent the past 17 years working in software testing, ecommerce and social media however I very recently left all that behind to sit at home and concentrate on my writing antics.

This change in career has coincided neatly with my having been accepted onto the RNA New Writers Scheme and the encouragement and help from these lovely people (especially the Norfolk chapter!) have given my confidence and conviction a timely kick up the bum. I am currently in the throes of setting up my new blog over at https://claremarchantblog.wordpress.com/ but that seems to be taking longer than actually writing a novel!


Obviously, this writing lark is not a new thing – ever since I spent hours writing MASH fan fiction as a teenager and presented it to my English teacher only for her to tell me it was utter rubbish (was I crushed? Of course not, she was an ancient teacher and therefore knew nothing) I have always had some sort of writing on the go. But now, instead of my writing being on the periphery of my life it’s right there as centre stage - this is the start of my all new bright, shiny writing life.

While I have spent many years trying (several times) and failing (also more than once) to find my own Happy Ever After and reading countless romantic novels I’m hoping that now it will be my turn to suggest that a happy ever after is always possible. After all, we are only here once, aren’t we?






2 comments: