Monday 19 September 2016

Yay! Look who's back...

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to welcome darling Rebecca Pugh back to the blog this week. Crikey I've missed her sparkly self, but now she's back...with bells on!



When life knocks you back…

Happy Tuesday, all! First of all, I can’t tell you how delighted I am to be back and having a good old natter on the wonderful Heidi Swain’s blog again. I can’t believe how quickly the time has passed since I was last here, talking about how you should never dismiss your dreams! Thanks a million for the invite, Heidi. It’s an absolute pleasure.

What’s happened in that time, you ask? Well, quite a lot actually. I am now the proud author of three books with Carina UK (I know! I still can’t quite believe it myself!), and I’m currently working on the very first draft of novel number four. It’s been hard-work, as all of the best things in life usually are, but I’m happy to report that finally, after a very bumpy couple of months, I’m getting back into the swing of things and going full-steam ahead with the creation of yet another story which should be arriving early spring/summer 2017! *throws confetti* Book four is currently untitled so I don’t have much to share with you just yet, but of course as soon as I do have something, I’ll be shouting about it here, there and everywhere.

You see, a few months back, things began to take a scary and unforeseen turn for me. Scary because I didn’t know what was going on, and unforeseen because… well, it took me completely by surprise and seemed to pop up out of nowhere. After numerous trips to my GP for blood samples etc. I was still completely clueless as to what was going on, which only made me worry more. I was losing weight, in agony almost all of the time and, in all honesty, I suddenly felt like the cheerful, sparkly little Becca was no more and I did begin to wonder if she would ever come back to me. Things continued to go downhill for me as the months passed by. Waiting on appointments yet knowing I was getting worse was terrifying, so of course other things in my life began to suffer too, my writing being one of them. I just couldn’t concentrate on anything anymore and, no matter how much love I had for my story, I didn’t seem to have the energy to get it out onto the page. I wanted to. Oh, how badly I wanted to get it right! But worrying was weighing down on me like a physical thing, leaving no space for anything else.

Finally, I knew I couldn’t carry on in the way that I was. We made the trip to A&E after yet another agonising day of me clutching my stomach and wishing the pain would just leave me alone at long last. Once there, and after having been seen by a doctor, I was admitted to hospital where I remained for a week, while numerous tests were taken. I cannot begin to tell you the relief I felt at being seen. I was in a bad way, having lost so much weight and being in too much pain to eat for weeks upon weeks. I was so incredibly grateful to the doctors who took care of me, and who led me to my final diagnosis. Crohn’s Disease.

It’s not all doom and gloom. Yes, it was a shock, but after feeling so lost and helpless, this diagnosis allowed me to feel back in control of my life once more. In a strange sort of way, it felt a bit like taking back my freedom. Following on from my return home, it was a tricky couple of weeks of having a restricted diet, learning about the disease itself and adjusting in all manner of ways. But oh my word, never have I ever felt relief like I did when I finally found out what was wrong. Now, things are going wonderfully and, despite being one of the many people diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease, I’m on the road to recovery and thankfully getting better by the day. I’m happy again, and smiling bigger and brighter than I have since all of this began. And the best news of all? I’m finally able to concentrate on my writing properly, which I missed so much while all of this was going on. My head is free of worry, which means more space for characters and ideas to run wild! Great news, right?

So yes, that pretty much brings you up-to-date with me! How’s everyone else doing? Really well, I hope? And now, with a head free of worry, I’m able to look forward to what the rest of this year has in store, and Christmas of course! No matter how tough life gets, we can always look forward to that old nutcracker, can’t we? ;)

All about Rebecca...

  Rebecca Pugh grew up in the green county of Shropshire. Not an immediate reader, it took her a while to find her way towards the wonderful fictional words hidden between the pages of books. Ever since, she’s fallen under the spell of countless authors and the tales they've weaved. Her favourite authors include Jill Mansell, Cathy Bramley, Sarah Morgan and Holly Martin, to name but a few. She loves nothing more than tapping away at the keyboard, taking her characters from imagination to page and, when that isn’t the case, she adores curling up with a good book.

Rebecca is a fan of fairy tale romances that sweep you off your feet, dashing heroes and strong, lovable heroines. She can’t make up her mind whether she prefers a countryside escape, or a love story set in bustling New York. Either way, she’s more than happy to disappear into both.

When it comes to her own writing, Rebecca aims to whisk readers away to desirable locations, where they can meet characters who, she hopes, will begin to feel like friends. With a dash of romance here, and a shake-up of things there, she loves dreaming up stories and watching them come to life.

Book links

My books on Amazon UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rebecca-Pugh/e/B00ZOU3L9I/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1471946366&sr=1-1

My books on Amazon US - https://www.amazon.com/Rebecca-Pugh/e/B00ZOU3L9I/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1471946366&sr=1-1

Social Media Links
Twitter - https://twitter.com/beccasbooksUK


4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, Rebecca. We have Crohn's Disease in our family, so I know something of what a horrible illness it is. The fact it's unseen makes it harder for others to understand its implications, so I think it's great you're being so open about your symptoms and how hard life can be. Keep spreading the word and wishing you continued good health. : ) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Heidi &Rebecca! Love your books and wishing you all the best. 📚💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you are on the road to recovery, Becca. Getting a diagnosis can be a huge relief in itself, and help to reduce the stress and worry. Take care of yourself. Lovely post ladies x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, and so glad you are on the mend, Becca.

    ReplyDelete