Monday 2 January 2017

New Year, new me? No thanks...

I can't believe it's almost a month since I last shared a post and that both Christmas and the new year have been and gone and all that's left of the Big Day (fabulous gifts aside), is the odd needle from the tree and a definite shrinkage in the clothes department.


The last few weeks have been particularly special for me as I've had the pleasure of seeing my third novel, Mince Pies and Mistletoe at the Christmas Market, on supermarket and bookshop shelves across the UK, Europe and beyond and truth be told it all still feels slightly surreal.

During the last 18 months I've had three books published, two in paperback as well as ebook and I've written a fourth and if I could share with you even a hint of what's to come... Anyway I can't so I'm putting temptation aside and using this opportunity to say a massive thank you to everyone who has read, enjoyed and reviewed one, or in some cases all, of my books during the last few amazing months. I also want to say thank you to the fabulous bloggers and fellow authors who have featured me as well as the People's Friend, My Weekly, The Sunday Express, Countryside and Heat Magazine for publishing short stories, interviews and fabulous reviews. Cheers to you all!


And with regards to the title of this post 'new year, new me? No thanks', I've decided not to make any resolutions this year. I've had a look at the list of goals I made last year and I haven't achieved half of them so I'm not setting myself up for disappointment, especially when I have so many exciting new things on my horizon!

I'm turning 45 in a few months and am thoroughly enjoying my middle-aged status and can't help thinking that small changes made over time are actually far more effective than the rash knee jerk dietary and exercise January promises I've made in years gone by. However, I will say that as far as my creative output is concerned I can promise this is going to be my busiest year so far. And now I'm signing off because I've almost said too much...again.

Wishing you all a wonderful start to the year, do try to be kind to yourselves and each other.

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment