Monday 21 August 2017

Happy Publication Day Christie Barlow

Today I am absolutely thrilled to welcome Christie Barlow to my blog and as today is her publication day I invite you all to raise a glass and toast her success. Welcome Christie! Do please tell us all about your latest book, The Cosy Canal Boat Dream!



Thank you Heidi, for inviting me onto your blog!

 I am super excited it’s publication day for The Cosy Canal Boat Dream. I'm sure a lot of my author buddies will agree with me on this, but as authors, we are known to have ideas stewing in our minds longer than Brussel sprouts at Christmas, when in actual fact; all we want to do is shout about our new books!

My new book The Cosy Canal Boat Dream is a pretty special one as it will be my first published novel with Harper Impulse! How exciting! Well, and slightly nerve-wracking! That’s normal though, right? For this book, my inspiration was right under my nose - believe it or not! When I say under my nose, I also mean under Woody’s (my cocker-spaniel) nose.

Every day prior to the book idea, my sidekick and I would go on a walk route Barton marina which has this beautiful, old picture house and a rather mouth-watering deli. And, if that wasn’t enough, the marina is even a home to multiple craft shops. It didn’t take me long to link Barton marina with the deli and old picture house in a storyline capacity. After all, with such beautiful views, stunning buildings, and wonderful smelling food to drool over; I would be doing the marina a disservice by NOT using it as my inspiration for my new book.

Clearly I don’t want to give any parts of the storyline away, but, I can mention the main character, Nell and what inspired me to shape her character. You may have seen multiple posts online about women empowerment, yes? When I came to create Nell’s personality, I took my inspiration from women icons such as ‘Jane Eyre,' the suffragette movement, and the inspirational women who are in my life. When you read the book, you’ll find out more about Nell, her backstory, and what shaped her as a person. Just like my other characters from my previous novels, I aim to build their lives with my own personal experiences in mind, and I feel that it’s important to be able to relate to who I am writing about. You never know, you may find that Nell, or any of the other characters from, The Cosy Canal Boat Dream, might end up being and inspirational role model for yourself!


The Cosy Canal Boat Dream is out today - here’s the blurb:

Welcome to the Little Rock marina – where hearts are healed and dreams are made…

For the last two years Nell Andrews has been struggling to stay afloat. As her life tumbled down around her, the only safety net has been her cosy canal boat, The Nollie. Tucked away inside, Nell has found a place to heal her broken heart. And now she’s ready to move on and follow her dream…

Gorgeous Guy Cornish, with his easy Irish charm, makes him an instant hit with everyone at the marina, and the perfect person to help Nell with her project. But Guy has his own reasons for being at the marina, and a past that threatens to sink Nell’s dream…

Christie x

That sounds fantastic Christie! Thank you so much for dropping by today, especially when I know how busy you are with the celebrations and champagne. I wish you and your latest book every success!

Here's a link to Amazon folks where you can find out more about The Cosy Canal Boat Dream...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Christie-Barlow/e/B00N2UNYDK/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1500299771&sr=8-1

Follow Christie on Twitter

https://twitter.com/ChristieJBarlow

No comments:

Post a Comment