Sunday 17 June 2018

All praise the Strong Women Squad!

I have to admit that when I found out I'd won a pair of tickets to the Strong Women Squad Summer Party I was rather unsure as to what to expect.

Run by gorgeous author and chum, Lisa Dickenson, the Twitter bio below tells you all you need to know...


I was sure that I (along with best pal Jenni Keer) would probably be among the eldest there and that the Trapeze Bar in Shoreditch wasn't my usual Saturday hangout, but what I didn't expect was the warmth, friendship and camaraderie I encountered as soon as we walked through the door.


The evening was packed with energetic displays of magic, hula hooping, fire dancing and the London Mermaid herself, but the best part for me was listening to the talks. Body positivity and the decision not to diet, ever, from @bodyposipanda_ had me ditching the sucky in pants and by the time we had to head home I was feeling more determined than ever to embrace my own Squad!


It was a wonderful evening and I absolutely loved it. With a packed goodie bag and a menu full of food for thought, it was a night which will keep me inspired until the next party... at least!

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment