Sunday 3 June 2018

My first solo book signing

Wow! What an experience. As we headed down the A140 to Diss yesterday morning with the wind blowing and the rain absolutely lashing down I really began to think that no one was going to turn out for my first solo signing in the beautiful Diss Bookshop, but I needn't have worried.


Not only did the space set aside for me look every bit as pretty as any of the settings in my books, (thanks to the adornment of book cover themed bunting and packets of sweet pea seeds), but friends, readers and a whole host of other folk arrived in abundance and the three hours absolutely flew by! I think my smile says it all...


New friends were made, old friendships were reaffirmed and the piles of books soon began to disappear. The Cherry Tree Café sold out completely, however, if you would still like a signed copy of either Sunshine and Sweet Peas, Cuckoo Cottage or Skylark Farm, I have left signed copies behind which the bookshop will keep on display.

Special thanks to the shop staff for making me feel so welcome, Paul, my OH, for braving the weather and RNA chums Jenni Keer, Rosie Hendry and Clare Marchant who not only came with friends and family but stayed far longer than I could have hoped and added their own excitement to the party atmosphere as they chatted about all things bookish.

I'm a very lucky author indeed!

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment