Sunday 28 April 2019

Drawing a line...

I can't even begin to tell you what a relief it is to finally be well enough to head back to the keyboard tomorrow and what an even BIGGER relief it is to be excited about it!

As you probably know my dental debacle should have kept me out of the loop for a week at most back in February, but thanks to some pretty horrendous complications it has actually been nearer eleven. I can't deny it has been really tough and there were even moments when I was at my lowest when I wondered whether I would ever want to read another book, let alone write one.

Fortunately the healing I so badly need is finally happening and that, timed with my darling daughter coming back from uni for the Easter hols, has made all the difference. Not only am I back in the reading groove but I'm very much looking forward to the Poppy's Recipe for Life publication celebrations and starting the second draft of The Christmas Wish List!

Today I've set up my writing space again, filling it with some of my favourite things...



Early tomorrow morning there'll be piles of notes and mugs of tea and I'll be good to go!

As well as things I love, I have also printed out and pinned up some wonderful words of encouragement from a very lovely reader, just in case I have a wobble and need some help to push me on. This is what she wrote after I announced that I would be heading back to the second draft of The Christmas Wish List...



Lots of you have been in touch over the last few months and you have all been extremely kind and supportive. Thank you all so very much. It has been a real boost knowing that you are following my progress and are excited to read the brand new titles. I know lots of you are planning to come to the events I have coming up and I'm looking forward to seeing you, but in the meantime, I hope I can write you a book full of festive feeling and worthy of a place under your Christmas tree!

With so much love to you all,

H x

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you're getting back into your writing again. Roll on the end of the month for the new release x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sam! It really is a massive relief to be feeling more like my old self again. I can't wait to see Poppy launched now. H x

      Delete
  2. can't wait for the new book, I read poppy in one sitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you so much my lovely. That's music to my ears! I'm absolutely thrilled you enjoyed Poppy and I hope you'll love The Christmas Wish List just as much. H x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete