Monday 13 July 2020

Welcoming Annette Hannah to the blog!

Today I am absolutely delighted to welcome my dear friend and debut author, Annette Hannah to the blog to tell us all about her path to publication journey. Annette and I have been friends for years now and I am thrilled that she is here today celebrating the launch of her career as a published author. Congratulations on the release of Wedding Bells at the Signal Box Cafe, Annette!


My Very Own Book Angels – support and Inspiration from the booky world.

First of all, I’d just like to say how thrilled I am to be on Heidi’s blog as it’s always so pretty just like her gorgeous books. I’m not sure if Heidi knows how much she’s inspired me over the years so this is the perfect chance for me to tell her.

I’ve always been an avid reader and five years ago I was lucky enough to be chosen as part of #TeamMilly, a brilliant new concept involving one of my favourite authors, the lovely Milly Johnson. I was then invited to exciting events such as afternoon tea at the Grosvenor House Hotel and a Spring blogger evening at Simon and Schuster, organised by the amazing Sara-Jade Virtue.

I didn’t know anyone at the blogger event but was welcomed with open arms by the Books and the City team. I was beyond excited to meet the wonderful Milly, along with a fabulous line up of authors including, Jane Costello, Andy Jones, Iona Grey and Heidi Swain. Heidi was launching her first ever book, The Cherry Tree Café after having submitted to the Simon and Schuster #OneDay #DigitalOriginals. Heidi was so wonderfully down to earth and so encouraging to me when I told her that I’d always dreamt of writing a book too. I’d tried many years before when my children were little but never got past the first few chapters.

I have told both Milly Johnson and Sara-Jade Virtue many times that they have both helped to change my life as I hadn’t long lost my mum and because of them I became a part of this wonderful booky world that I never knew existed. It was something for me. I chatted to lots of lovely bloggers that night and was totally fascinated. When I got home and told my daughter about my adventure, she helped me to set up Sincerely Book Angels blog.

Nervously I wrote a review of one of Jane Costello’s books that was in the enormous goody bag we received. I shared it and was delighted to receive a reply from Jane to say that if her book hadn’t already gone to print, she would have quoted me. I couldn’t believe it and I’ve never looked back! I’ve since been quoted in so many books and have also had a couple of characters named after me thanks to Isabelle Broom and Carol Wyer.

I also met a lovely blogger and author that night called Vicki Bowles and we became firm friends, she told me about the Romantic Novelists’ Association’s New Writers Scheme which only had a limited capacity and included a manuscript critique.

A few months later I decided to enter the Simon & Schuster One Day submission which needed three thousand words, I was terrified but pushed myself to get them down, it was a fabulous once a year opportunity for un-agented writers to get noticed. Once it got to the deadline, I sent it in and relaxed before a voice in my head shouted, ‘But what if they like it and want more?’ This caused me to panic write another sixty-three thousand words in a month. Luckily for me they didn’t ask for them but that didn’t matter because I’d already fulfilled my lifetime ambition to write a book and that was such a wonderful achievement.

The next year I joined the RNA New Writers’ Scheme and I’ve been a member ever since and am now their Press Officer.  I’ve written a book a year ever since then and Heidi has continued to encourage me. It’s been an absolute pleasure to watch her soar and become a Sunday Times Bestseller, I remember when we had a petition to get the Cherry Tree Café to come out in paperback.

In April 2020 I was signed by the fabulous Orion Dash and many of the wonderful bloggers and authors I’ve met have become such special friends and have been so supportive to me, so I’d like to say a huge thank you to each and every one. I can’t help thinking that my mum has led me to this wonderful world which is the perfect fit for me, and I know she is so proud of me.

All about the book


Here comes the bride...

Lucy Woods has always dreamed of running her very own wedding venue. After moving her eight-year-old son to the countryside she's surprised to find the perfect location and her best friend, Abbie, eager to help make that dream a reality! Too bad Abbie's older brother Dominic isn't keen on Lucy or their big idea! 

As a divorce lawyer Dominic doesn't believe in love at first sight or wedding vows, he's seen them broken more times than he can count. But when Lucy arrives back in town, his hardened heart begins to crack. 

Making her dream come true is a huge undertaking, but Lucy knows that The Signal Box Café is her chance to finally make something of her life. If only the irritating (and oh-so-gorgeous) Dom didn't make her imagine wearing a white dress and walking down the aisle... 

Can Lucy and Dominic find a way to each other this summer or will the wedding bells chime for another couple?

Buy the book


Publication day - July 6th 2020

All about Annette

Annette Hannah is a Liver Bird who relocated to leafy Hertfordshire in the 80’s and now lives near a river with her husband, two of their three grown up children and a crazy black cocker spaniel. She writes Romantic comedies in settings inspired by the beautiful countryside around her and always with a nod to her hometown. As an avid reader she became a book blogger and eventually realised her dream to become an author in 2020.

She loves long walks along the river, travelling to far flung places, the odd glass of Pinot Blush and spending time with her friends and family.

Find Annette on social media

twitter @annettehannah

www.sincerelybookangels.blogspot.com

www.annettehannah.com



No comments:

Post a Comment