Sunday 25 April 2021

Setting up a monthly journal spread!

 Lots of you have been in touch to tell me how much you enjoyed the 'joy of journaling' post I shared a couple of weeks ago and some of you have also asked if I'd post some images to show how I set up my journal every month.

My daughter very kindly shared her planning with me and I have used that as my base adding, a couple of extra pages as I've gone along. The most important thing I've realised, is not to stress about any mistakes and don't expect it to look perfect. 

Enjoy creating your journal and then using it!

This is how I set mine up - 

The first double page spread introduces the month

I'm rubbish at drawing, so I cut out and paste in images that represent the month to me and then add some washi tape for decoration and a couple of quotes

The next two pages are dedicated to a monthly calendar where I can write in birthdays, events, appointments etc

After that, I have two pages where I record nature notes. As you know, green things growing, birdsong, nature and the seasons are very important to me and I like to keep a record of what I've seen and heard

Next are the weekly pages which I use as more of a diary. I like to put seven days on each double page, but you can organise yours in any way that works best for you


The last few pages are set up to record what I'm watching, what I'm listening to and what I'm reading. I love listening to podcasts so this is a great space to makes notes about those I've particularly enjoyed and the same goes for great books I've read.


At the very end of the month I make a note of any 'bits and bobs' I haven't added elsewhere and then I turn to the next double page and start the process again.

See! I told you it was easy. 

I'm only a few months into my journailing journey, but I'm really enjoying it and I hope this post might encourage you to take it up too! Remember, you can decorate yours however you want to using tape, stickers and images from magazines. You don't have to be artistic to make it look beautiful, so don't let that put you off.

Any questions, pop them in the comments box and I'll get back to you.

Hugs, H xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment