Friday 25 June 2021

June highlights

 Goodness me, where do I begin? June has been extremely hectic work wise - I'm writing the first draft of the summer 22 book and also proofreading UNDERNEATH THE CHRISTMAS TREE - and to be honest, there hasn't been all that much time for rest and play, but I've still got a few highlights to share with you.

Can you spot the theme for the beginning of the month here?

Yep, the month began with a whole host of publication anniversary celebrations which made for a very pretty Instagram grid!


And ended with the HUGELY exciting NEWSLETTER announcement. I was absolutely blown away by the response. Over 650 of you subscribed within a week and if you're one of them, you should find my very first letter landing in your inbox on Saturday June 26th. I really hope you enjoy it and thank you for subscribing.

I received some gorgeous gifts from readers in June too, including a beautiful book sleeve and these fabulous notebook covers. I'm always in awe of such clever and talented crafting and so these handmade beauties are very much appreciated.


The weather finally came good for a while and I was treated to an abundance of my favourite blossom - hawthorn. I love the frothy simplicity of the flowers and they smell amazing too. I also celebrated the solstice. Even though the sun didn't put in an appearance, it was still magical.


So, on to a few of my favourite things from June...

What I read...

I read a few books this month and a very definite favourite was HOME by Penny Parkes. Publication day is July the 8th so not too long to wait if you order it and I recommend you should!


Here's the blurb...

Anna Wilson travels the world as a professional housesitter – stepping into other people’s lives - caring for their homes, pets and sometimes even neighbours. Living vicariously.
 
But all Anna has ever really wanted is a home of her own – a proper one, filled with family and love and happy memories. If only she knew where to start.
 
Growing up in foster care, she always envied her friends their secure and carefree lives, their certainty and confidence. And, while those same friends may have become her family of choice, Anna is still stuck in that nomadic cycle, looking for answers, trying to find the courage to put down roots and find a place to call home.


I also read, and I know I'm well over a decade late to this party, TWILIGHT by Stephanie Meyer. I've seen the films so picked the book up to see how it compared. I enjoyed it more than I expected to!

I'm pretty certain you don't need the blurb for this one.



What I watched and what I listened to...

I didn't actually watch anything on TV in June and I didn't listen to much either. By the time I'd finished work, I was pretty much straight into bed. However, I did listen to some great author interviews.

I'm always fascinated to learn about how other authors work, their writing process, publication journey etc.

In June, I watched interviews with - 

Libby Page
Liz Fenwick, Veronica Henry, Jill Mansell and Jenny Colgan 
Victoria Connelly

So, that was my month. As I said at the beginning, all work and not much play, but when your work is writing books, that's no hardship!

Wishing you all a wonderful July and if you'd like to subscribe to my newsletter, then please submit your email address using the sign up box on the blog.

Hugs

H x










No comments:

Post a Comment