Saturday 26 June 2010

Get the clay out ...

When I took up this challenge I had Neils' words ringing in my ears; 'get the clay out of your head and you can turn it into a beautiful vase later.' So thats exactly what I did!

By Thursday I had 10,000 lumps of clay and now I have a week to mould and refine it. How did I do it? Not sure really, the football helped of course. With the world cup at full blast the family hardly noticed me slouching off with the netbook.

Ian, my main character, seemed to take over completely as I was typing - especially towards the end, and carved himself a very different story ending to the one I had planned. It was quite an amazing experience and should he ever cross my path when I am out and about I will certainly recognise him!

I would also like to say a big 'thank you' to Neils' friend Mark Wernham author of Martin Martin's On The other Side, who came to talk to our group yesterday afternoon. It was a real treat to hear some home truths and realsie that, yeah, actually it can happen!

H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment