Saturday 3 July 2010

...and here endeth the lessons ...

Well, I can hardly believe it. Ten weeks have been and gone and the course is finished. I submitted my 10,598 short story - unedited - right on the deadline and I'm feeling pretty chuffed with myself.

We had our final session yesterday morning and it definitely had an end of term feel to it. Hopefully we are meeting up over the summer as Neil has come up with the crazy but extremely exciting idea of putting everyone's story into a book! Wow! We were all slightly overwhelmed at the thought of seeing our work in print.

I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone the best of luck in the future and I hope we have the opportunity to work with each other again as it has been a very moving experience to share work with like minded and very talented folk.

As for me, well, there is no stopping me now. I'm finishing my children's book and planning another short story.

Special thanks to Neil - your opinion has counted for a lot and I can build some foundations on the confidence and determination you have instilled in me.

H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment