Thursday 14 April 2011

Oh! Now I get it...

Hindsight is a wonderful gift or so I am told. Had I realised just how much time I had wasted reading about how other writer's do it, ie write, I would have stopped, thrown the whole lot in the bin and had my novel written by now! Articles, self help books and user friendly guides only slow me down, make me think I'm doing things in the wrong order and fill me with the writer's curse aka self doubt. In reality we all have to find our own way, our own path, our own formulas...I am finally beginning to accept that my first draft doesn't have to be perfect (although some writer's have to have everything just so before they can move on) but it does have to be out of my head and on to my memory stick. I am still snatching time and trying not to be too hard on myself - I have a husband, kids, a home to run, a job and there are only so many hours in the day! The ironing of course, can wait... H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment