Wednesday 4 May 2011

Keeping track...

21,000 words fill a lot of pages and I have to admit I'm finding it harder and harder to keep track as I add to them so I have decided to make a plan. Getting the words down is great of course, but if you forget just what you have got down and in what order, you can waste a lot of time flicking back and re-reading.

My novel swtiches between the past and the present and consequently I am trying to weave together two separate threads which are on the verge of joining. Before I go any further I am going to reach for my A4 pad and jot down key words chronologically which will hopefully act as a quick reminder of what happened, to whom and when...well, that's the theory! It will certainly make for a busy afternoon. I'll keep you posted.

H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment