Wednesday 11 May 2011

Brace yourselves...

Having duly scrolled through and made notes to keep my draft on track and added in a few embellishments along the way I now find myself at something of a turning point.
Re-enter scene right one of the pivotal characters who has been absent from my main characters life for the last seven years.

It is a huge moment, a light bulb moment, a plot thickener and, truth be known, I am a little afraid of writing it! I know what is going to happen, to whom and when, but this seems like such an intimate moment I almost feel as if I should leave them to it and re-join a few pages on.

It is a ridiculous feeling I know but one that has made me even more aware of how 'real' these characters are to me now - they are living, breathing people who already have a certain amount of control over me. I know I can't possibly let them down. I only hope I can do them justice and they don't insist on too many changes on the way. This time next week it will all be over but perhaps, just for now, I'll have a little re-read...

H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment