Sunday 31 July 2011

All work and no play...

Yes I know all that, of course I do but I don't think it really counts when it comes to writing do you? All play and no work would make me a very grumpy writer ...one who would mope about worrying about loosing the thread and missing word count deadlines...
Fortunately I have a wonderfully sympathetic husband who did not complian during our family holiday in Cumbria last week that I spent two evenings on the novel and another planning the next Shortbread contribution. Yes, I know, I am blessed and long may it continue!
The published shortbread stories have recieved some very complimentary comments and the novel is hard work but moving along nicely. I have a 'child free' week lined up later in the summer and I am already planning the caffeine intake and power naps to make the very most of the precious seclusion - you never know I might even finish sooner than I planned.
I'll keep you posted.
H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment