Wednesday 4 April 2012

Down but not out...

Well this holiday is not turning out quite as I expected but ever the half full optimist I am rallying myself to make the most of the situation and press on with the novel. I am ashamed to admit that I have been doing a bit of a re-read during the last 48 hours but have no fear, I will not be getting stuck on that particular treadmill - not with 47,000 words now under my belt.

I can see quite clearly right to the end now and fully expect the first draft to be written in time for the long summer break. If I can bear to I will file it away then, write a few shortbread stories and get some distance and perspective before picking it up again in the autumn...well, that's the current plan but who knows? Plans seem to have a habit of biting me back these days...

I'll keep you posted.
H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment