Wednesday 3 April 2013

May 24th, 2013...make a note!

I am finally getting to the point where I feel it is impossible to improve/make any further changes to my debut novel - huraah! My trusty editor is currently bogged down with a pile of chapters to see her through the holidays and I am updating and amending as we go.

With this in mind, I have decided to set a deadline to keep me on track and stop me putting off the moment of making contact with potential agents. Of course, I won't send anything off until it is as perfect and polished as I can make it, but I have to know the end is in sight otherwise I could be in danger of 'fiddling forever' and never submitting a word. I have a friend who has been writing her first manuscript for upwards of 5 years now and although I admire her commitment, the thought of being at the same stage of my 'writing career' aged 45 terrifies me!

So, by May 24th the novel will be perfect (!) and I will be finishing off my synopsis and cover letter. Remember, you heard it here first!

H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment