Thursday 14 March 2013

A mixed bag

I know it has been a while since I updated, but life has not been kind of late and why share the misery?

 Fortunately, most of the stress has not been related to my writing so there has been some opportunity for normality and routine amidst all the other rubbish. The only writing related disappointment has been my withdrawal from writing the Country Notes article for the parish magazine. I was somewhat saddened, perhaps stupidly, that my decision was not even mentioned despite the fact that I have contributed for a number of years. It has really made me wonder whether anyone actually read what I wrote or will miss my efforts at all. A timely lesson perhaps in perspective and the opportunity to reconsider exactly why I write.

On the novel front I am proud to tell you that I have printed the entire manuscript again and have begun paper editing for the second time. Eight chapters in and only minor changes so far. I am incredibly pleased with what I have achieved and may, one day soon, pluck up the courage to approach an agent.

I will of course, keep you posted.

H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment