Thursday 19 September 2013

The Magic of Mabon!

If you have checked out the blog before you will probably be familiar with the relatively new section entitled 'My Sabbat Poems'. I do not profess to being a 'real poet', but as a modern day Pagan and keen writer I relish the opportunity to express my feelings and ideas through the written word and share them with other like minded souls.

The Autumn Equinox, Harvest or Mabon strikes me as being particularly poignant this year. It is a time of balance, shedding the old and embracing the new, reaping the harvest we have sown and healing ourselves by having the strength to let go of past hurts and mistakes. I mean, how else are we to improve if we can't learn from our mistakes as we strive to improve and move ever onward in our endeavours, creative or otherwise?

As I find myself still working on my first novel I am ever grateful for the expert opinions and comments I have received and know that in order for my manuscript to be the very best that I can make it I have to be prepared to listen, instigate the changes, let go of the old and learn how to embrace and write the new!

H-J





To read the poem simply click the link on the right. More Sabbat poems will be added as the seasonal wheel turns!


No comments:

Post a Comment