Saturday 9 November 2013

Powder pink and pearls? I think not!

I don't really know what I expected to get out of my first trip to the annual Festival of Romance in Bedford today. Meeting favourite authors was top of the list along with an opportunity to network with like minded writers and readers but I travelled back to Norfolk late this afternoon with so much more!

Romance authors, it turns out, are a smart sassy lot and they are also hugely welcoming and extremely encouraging. Miranda Dickinson, Jane Lark and a host of others boosted my confidence and made me believe that yes, if I keep working hard I will become a published author and that, after all, is why I sit in front of a screen for so many hours, isn't it?

So thank you ladies for a wonderful day! Not a powder pink outfit or string of pearls in sight, but an abundance of strong, confident women all willing to share their wisdom and writing experiences.

H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment