Saturday 18 January 2014

A week of two halves!

Why is that when one part of your life is going well that another falls spectacularly apart? Hardly an original thought I know - I pinched that line from Miss Jones - but true nonetheless!


The beginning of this week was fabulous on the writing front. My alpha reader loved the first 10 chapters of The Cherry Tree Cafe and a new character called Jay breezed on to the page - washboard stomach, piercing blue eyes and just the right amount of stubble - and made himself right at home!



Unfortunately however there has to be a flipside to all this writing enthusiasm and this week that has been in the form of offspring illness! Winter vomiting virus for the boy and a stinking cold (on her 14th birthday) for the girl! Then of course there's the added moving delays to factor in and the absence of the OH who is working away practically all week!


I guess, the point I'm trying to make is that I'm very, very thankful for my writing because without it, after a week like this I'm pretty certain my sanity would be in jeopardy...again! The same goes for reading. I find there is nothing more relaxing than a good bedtime read to distract me from the rigours of the day. I'm currently devouring Mandy Baggot's Access all Areas and hoping to ingest some of feisty Freya's spicy spark and go get 'em attitude!

Have a great week and thank you for checking in!

H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment