Friday 10 January 2014

2014, my time to shine!

All in all I was pretty chuffed with my writing achievements in 2013 and I already know that 2014 is going to surpass all expectations. Last week I was fortunate enough to receive some very timely words of wisdom from a seasoned author chum and I can announce now, with complete confidence, that by the end of the year I will have a novel published and ready for your delectation! She told me that she doesn't like to have all her eggs in one basket and that has made me have a good hard think about my own clutch. My writing is 'mine' and this year I'm determined to take more control of it and make things happen. Go me!

In contrast to the good vibes I have been feeling since the beginning of the New Year I now also know the phrase 'be careful what you wish for' should be strictly adhered to and that if you throw a request for something out to the universe make sure you are very specific about what you want! I now have three writing related prospects rushing headlong towards an expiration date and I've got everything crossed that they all come to fruition in the right order!

Writing this last week has been an absolute dream and the new novel (potential title The Cherry Tree Cafe) is whizzing along. The very last piece of the plot puzzle fell into place yesterday as my main male character Ben, sidled up and whispered the answer in my ear! Major plot twist and a complete surprise! Don't you just love it when the writing takes on a life all of its own?

On the reading front I have just finished Miranda Dickinson's bestseller Take a Look at Me Now. A corker of a novel which has completely eradicated my yearning for a holiday. Her vivid descriptions of the sights, sounds and smells of San Francisco have ensured that I have, mentally at least, visited the city already and I know it like the back of my hand!

All in all this has been a great week for writing and reading! I hope yours has been just as good?

H-J

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your writing endeavours, Heidi. I love the sound of The Cherry Tree Café!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jill. I'm enjoying writing it and can't wait to share it with the rest of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Claire! It is a comfort to know I can rely on your support and honesty. Little something in your inbox this morning. Hope it lives up to your expectations... H-J x

    ReplyDelete