Friday 4 April 2014

Ready, steady go!

I can't remember the last time I was so pleased to find myself poised on the brink of a two week holiday and this one is particularly welcome as it begins with my birthday - although I'm not sure reaching 42 is something to be celebrated of glossed over! My plans are of course entirely self-centered and revolve for the most part around writing and editing and editing and writing. 

This week I have reached that delicious moment (aided by copious slabs of Galaxy) when the many puzzle pieces that are destined to make up the plot for the next novel slide into place and become arranged and fixed as if they have never been in any other position. Characters have come to life, settings have been awash with scents and sounds and plot lines have been enhanced by a myriad of twists and turns. A blissful moment indeed!

Less enjoyable have been the many minutes spent trying to write the dreaded synopsis for The Cherry Tree Cafe. I have made a tentative start but have decided to have another crack at it when I have edited the novel again...yes I know I'm only delaying the agony but it is the holidays!



Galaxy consumption has been average this week with only one free e-book making it to the already groaning Kindle carousel. The Longest Holiday by Paige Toon joins the queue and if the reviews are anything to go by I'm in for a real treat! 



This week I have been reading Popping the Cherry by Aurelia B Rowl. Its been a long time since I read a YA novel and this was a real corker! You can find my 5* review on Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment