Wednesday 28 May 2014

Don't quote me on it...

I know I said I wouldn't be picking up The Cherry Tree Cafe for at least another week and a half but I can't help it. I've missed it. I need it. I can't function without it. Each and every writer will tell you that writing is as vital to them as breathing and no-one can exist without doing that, can they?

I hadn't planned to dive back in so soon, but I had that urge. You know the one where you start pondering and plotting and before you know it there you are in the wee small hours, laptop balanced on sofa, hair being torn out in chunks, back aching from being hunched over and shoulders so tense they end up around your ears! Yeah, I know, you've all been there.

As far as finding my ideal writing spot is concerned I'm still sitting at the kitchen, now dining room table, and for the time being the room will be out of bounds during my assigned writing time. I'm fashioning a 'do not disturb' sign for the door and convincing the kids that they can live without TV for a few hours. I'm sure they'll understand, after all they're the ones who have to live with me if I don't get my weekly writing quota, aren't they? 

Just the job!




No comments:

Post a Comment