Monday 2 June 2014

When times are hard...

We've all been there. You've planned meticulously, broken the day down hour by hour, sometimes minute by minute and then along comes a spanner and the whole thing collapses in a sulky heap. Whether you find yourself tending a sick child, attending a forgotten appointment or managing a household emergency, when writing plans go awry the fallout can be ugly. Frustration runs riot and the day appears to be a right off, but does it have to be?
Current 'busy book' of choice

I'm having one of those days today. Other half unusually present on a week day and the youngest is unwell so bang goes my day in front of the screen. I know I'll be miserable if I don't achieve something so out comes the 'busy book' along with the RNA NWS critique and I set about all my other duties with half a mind on a couple of The Cherry Tree Cafe MS issues that need addressing before submission. By the end of the day I have pages of notes and, surprisingly, I am more enthusiastic and prepared for the next time I sit and begin editing.

So the moral of the tale is? It doesn't matter what life throws at you, if you look hard enough and you want it badly enough, there is always an opportunity to write or plan something even on the toughest of days and before you know it all those little sessions and snatched moments will add up and you'll find you have a story just begging to be told!

H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment