Friday 20 June 2014

Wattpad

Hello everyone! Not only can you read the first 5 chapters of The Cherry Tree Cafe on Authonomy, but Chapter 1 is also now uploaded to Wattpad and I'm going to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to a few people who have been instrumental in this latest literary development.

Firstly, my daughter Amelia for creating the fabulous cover and helping with the technical intricacies. I would have been lost without you chick!

Secondly, the Romance Festival team for creating such a thriving and supportive online event. I'm still riding the crest of the wave that started with that very first Festival Tweet! The opportunity to have direct contact with movers and shakers in the publishing world was a rare gift indeed! My Tweets to Carina Editor, Lucy Gilmour have had a huge impact on my latest, greatest push to have a novel published by the end of the year.

When I asked Lucy if Carina had any thoughts (negative or otherwise), about accepting manuscripts that have appeared on Wattpad her response was overwhelmingly positive and her words were something along the lines of 'Carina loves to know that a story already has an audience'. Her response, along with a great Festival post about making Wattpad work for you, were the main reasons behind my decision to upload and share The Cherry Tree with the world far sooner than I expected! So Lucy, a huge thank to you as well!

Lastly, but by no means least I want to thank Carina author Aurelia B Rowl. Boy can she kick arse! Thanks for pushing Aurelia. It was just what I needed!


Should any of you find yourselves in need of a slice of cake or a crafting session this weekend I hope you head on over to The Cherry Tree Cafe for a visit and if you do, I'd love to know what you think!

H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment