Monday 28 July 2014

Living the Writing Life!

Holidays are coming! Holidays are coming! No, I'm not getting in early with a festive jingle, I'm talking about Summer break, that time most beloved by anyone who works in education and in particular those of us who relish the thought of living the writing life for six uninterrupted blissful weeks!

I've only had two official days of holiday so far but they've certainly been action packed! First up I've posted The Hole, my thought provoking piece of flash fiction on Wattpad and reads are rising daily. Not perhaps the usual sort of writing you'd find on Wattpad so comparing reactions to those from the Shortbread Story readership is interesting.

http://www.wattpad.com/story/19728280-the-hole

The Cherry Tree Cafe has also been enjoying a broader readership and on Friday I bit the bullet and shared a link to the chapters on Wattpad via the Facebook group #ChicLitChatHQ I felt a bit of a fraud vying for a spot with the 'real' authors but the group and comments couldn't have been more supportive and I've made a whole new bunch of writing friends to share tips and experiences with.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChickLitChatHQ/

Thursday was party time and the online launch party for From Paris With Love by Carina author Sam Tonge. She had some great competitions, discussions and nibbles and I think I speak for everyone who attended when I say fun was had by all! Congratulations Sam!

On a more personal level I've been planning the first few chapters of The Skylark Serenade in preparation for writing the first draft ... or at least part of it ... during the Summer break. The Cherry Tree Cafe is still poised for publication but as I can't do anything other than hold my breath until results are in I'm focusing on The Skylark and the Path to Publication blog feature which is proving very popular. Huge thanks to everyone who has checked in so far!

Oh and finally, just when I thought the week couldn't get any better my good friend Hannah Ireland offered me this little selection to bump up my Summer Reading list! I think I can safely say that if I'm not writing at any point during the next six weeks then i'll definitely be reading!

Have a great week and don't forget to come back and read the next post in the Path to Publication feature!

H-J








No comments:

Post a Comment