Sunday 5 April 2015

Celebrating Spring!

Every season is beautiful, however I make no apology for the fact that Spring is my absolute favourite. There is so much joy to be found in watching the world come back to life as the days lengthen, the leaves unfurl, the birds begin to build and hares box while blossoms bloom.

It is no coincidence that I set the story of The Cherry Tree Cafe in Spring or that there are cherry trees in abundance surrounding the Cafe. The seasons are central to my life and as such central to my novels. Lizzie Dixon comes back to life just as the world is beginning to wake up again and personally I find something rather magical in that.


Loveliest of trees, the cherry now
Is hung with bloom along the bough,
And stands about the woodland ride
Wearing white for Eastertide.

Now, of my threescore years and ten,
Twenty will not come again,
And take from seventy springs a score,
It only leaves me fifty more.

And since to look at things in bloom
Fifty springs are little room,
About the woodlands I will go
To see the cherry hung with snow.

A. E. Housman, A Shropshire Lad


Image result for british cherry blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment