Sunday 19 July 2015

The Cherry Tree Cafe launch party!

When I mentioned to a couple of people that I was planning a little launch party to celebrate the publication of The Cherry Tree Cafe they didn't really seem to understand why.

     'But it's an e-book,' they said, 'you can't buy an e-book at a party.'

Their initial reaction to the idea told me that they didn't know me particularly well. The Cherry Tree Cafe launch party wasn't about selling books and upping the bottom line it was about getting everyone together - friends, family, everyone who has supported me along the path to publication and saying thank you. Thank you for never letting me give up, thank you for helping me believe in myself and thank you for giving me the courage to pursue my dream. 

Of course there isn't a venue in the world large enough to hold absolutely everyone who has helped but Arts Desire in Norwich was the perfect crafting cafe to make Lizzie Dixon proud and somehow we all managed to squeeze in, down the fizz and enjoy the cake!


Not surprisingly I have hundreds of photographs but these I think sum up the afternoon the best and show off the fabulous cake from Ellie's Cakery which was organised by the wonderful Books and The City Team and believe me tasted as delicious as it looked! 

The cherry topped delights were made by my son Oliver and his beautiful girlfriend Katie and encapsulate Jemma's signature bake perfectly. With my daughter Millie on camera duty and husband Paul doing the rounds with the fizz the afternoon was a real family affair and I loved every minute of it.

This time last week I had no idea how publication day would feel or if the party would go with a swing but I can now say, without a shadow of a doubt, that it has been spectacular and I can't wait to do it all again!

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment