Sunday 23 August 2015

Long live #thewritinglife

Well folks, what can I say? The Summer holidays are almost over and in some ways I'm looking forward to the start of a brand new term and a return to routine. I'm not of course looking forward to the demise of #thewritinglife and have therefore lots of writing related projects planned to see me through the impending Autumn and Winter months.

On Monday 24th of August (and I can hardly believe I am typing this), I'm making my debut visit to Radio Norfolk. I'm scheduled to arrive around 2.30 in the afternoon so you can expect to hear my dulcet (aka terrified), tones some time after that. I'm going to be talking about The Cherry Tree Cafe of course, along with my love for East Anglia and all things Norwich and Norfolk.



Editing Novel Number 2 continues apace and I'm quietly confident that I'll be hitting my September deadline and hopefully making Clare, my editor, very happy! It is hard to believe that this time last year The Cherry Tree Cafe was still waiting for a 'yes' or 'no' from the Books and The City team and here I am polishing my second novel for them!

Unfortunately, on the Creative Writing course front, the summer has been a complete fail. As you know from an earlier post I had planned to complete one lesson a week but alas it has not happened and I simply have too many other commitments to make a start now. This particular project is now on the back burner, set aside but not forgotten.

NEW BLOG FEATURE ALERT... calling all authors...

And finally, you can expect to see some new faces popping up on the blog during the next few months as I'm asking anyone with an interest in writing, whether published or not, to get in touch if they would like a spot on my new feature, The Writing Life. Message me for details if you are interested.

Wishing you all a wonderful week!

H x


No comments:

Post a Comment