Sunday 15 November 2015

How long?

Autumn, more specifically October and November have, in recent years, been less than happy months for me however, last year November 15th changed my mindset completely and this year I can hardly believe that the date has already been and gone and that within the intervening twelve months so, so much has happened.


On November 15th last year I travelled back down to Simon and Schuster Towers for the Books and The City Creative Writing Masterclass. I was just booked in for the afternoon having won a ticket courtesy of Novelicious and, having already met with Clare Hey and Sara-Jade Virtue to discuss the potentiality of The Cherry Tree Cafe, I wasn't at all sure what to expect.


I still had everything crossed that they loved the novel as much as I did but I was totally unprepared for the magic moment when Clare took me to one side and said those much anticipated words...

'We'd like to offer you a two book deal...'

Giddy, elated, ecstatic, amazed...for once there really were no words. Well, that's not strictly true. There were, but you'd need a thesaurus to fully appreciate the complete range of emotions that I felt that afternoon as I sipped fizz with Milly Johnson et al and tried not to blurt out my life changing news! 


Now, one year on,The Cherry Tree Cafe has been published, is enjoying rave reviews and a great position in the Amazon charts, Summer at Skylark Farm has been written, edited, assigned a publication date and if the response to last weeks announcement is anything to go by, it is already eagerly awaited and now plans are afoot for Novel Number 3! Who knows where I'll be this time next year? It really does feel as if the sky is the limit so watch this space...

Wishing you all a wonderful week!

H x


No comments:

Post a Comment