Sunday 23 April 2017

What a week!

What an amazing week last week really was! As you all know I seem to spend half my life sitting on exciting news so it is always a thrill when I actually get to share some and the response I got when I announced that The Cherry Tree Cafe is going to be published by Penguin Verlag in Germany confirmed that you guys love it too. Massive thanks to everyone who messaged, posted, liked and Tweeted about the pretty cover.

And as if that wasn't enough, there was also the excitement of seeing Coming Home to Cuckoo Cottage venturing out into the world and into the hands of some of my favourite fellow authors. Fingers crossed they enjoy it as much as Christie Barlow did. There'll be more news on that very soon but in the meantime, thank you Milly Johnson for this lovely pic.


The working week ended with a real treat as on Friday night my lovely other half and I headed down to the ginormous Waterstones on Tottenham Court Road to celebrate the launch of Then. Now. Always. with beautiful Isabelle Broom. It was wonderful to catch up with some familiar faces and chat about all things current and exciting in the Land of Books. A really fun evening was had by all and it is always exciting to see friends and colleagues in real life rather than through the computer screen. The midnight train journey home was 'interesting', but the least said about that the better.


Thank you Annette for this fab photo

So there you have it - a hugely exciting week and as my OH, who was home on his hols observed, 'I haven't seen you write a single word and yet you haven't stopped working' and that's how this author lark works. There's always something that needs your attention and that's why I love it.

Next week I'm heading back to Wynbridge and working on the second draft of Sleigh Rides and Silver Bells at the Christmas Fair. I absolutely love this stage of writing - the skeleton is looking nice and healthy and it's time to start adding in the juicy bits, all those extra layers that will turn the tale into something that will keep everyone, hopefully, turning the page.

Wishing you all a wonderful week!

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment