Wednesday 28 June 2017

Full-Time Author...

Thanks to the joys of social media I know you all know this particular piece of news already, but I simply couldn't let the day go by without posting a short piece about the fact that today is my very first day working as a full-time author!

Waking up this morning was a phenomenal stuff of dreams moment as the very first thought that popped into my head was that writing books (hopefully books you will continue to love), is now my one and only occupation and that the years of hard work and hoping have finally paid off.


My first task has been reading through the proofs for my Christmas '17 release - Sleigh Rides and Silver Bells at The Christmas Fair. I am absolutely thrilled with this book, especially as the setting is somewhere I have been wanting to write about for months, it was just a case of finding the right character and story to match it and voila, along came lovely Anna Woodruff.

Here's a little taster of what her tale is all about...

When Anna takes on the role of companion to the owner of Wynthorpe Hall, on the outskirts of Wynbridge, she has no idea that her life is set to change beyond all recognition.

A confirmed ‘bah humbug’ when it comes to Christmas, Anna is amazed to find herself quickly immersed in the eccentric household, and when youngest son Jamie unexpectedly arrives home it soon becomes obvious that her personal feelings are going all out to compromise her professional persona.

Jamie, struggling to come to terms with life back in the Fens, makes a pact with Anna – she has to teach him to fall back in love with Wynthorpe Hall, while he helps her fall back in love with Christmas. But will it all prove too much for Anna, or can the family of Wynthorpe Hall warm her heart once and for all...?


I hope you like the sound of this latest Christmas treat from Wynbridge? I have had a sneaky look at the draft cover and I can promise you it is absolutely exquisite. Possibly my favourite yet, but then I always say that, don't I? Sleigh Rides and Silver Bells will be out on October 5th but is available to order online now.

Buy the book...



And as if that wasn't enough excitement to kick the week off, I've also recorded a brand new podcast for the wonderful Books and The City Team and am talking about all things Cuckoo Cottage, cocktails and TBR piles! Do have a listen if you can spare a few minutes. I'd love to know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/simon-schusteruk/heidi-swain?in=simon-schusteruk/sets/book-and-the-city

So there you have it. I think that is all the news for now. May I take this opportunity to say a MASSIVE thank you for your continued support, kind messages and fabulous reviews and, if you happen to be an aspiring author, don't ever give up on your dreams because this amazing week goes to prove that if you're determined and resilient then great things can and will happen.

H x (aka full-time author) 

No comments:

Post a Comment