Sunday 7 May 2023

That Festive Feeling!

I know it's far too early in the year to be dropping the 'C' word, but in my line of work planning, preparation and of course, writing, happens months ahead of the season. 

So, with that in mind today, in early May, I am absolutely thrilled to be able to share with you the title, cover, setting and blurb for my 2023 Christmas release, which will be published on October 12th!

This year I'm taking us back to Nightingale Square in Norwich and the book is called

That Festive Feeling

It will be the 5th book in the Nightingale Square series, but you won't have to have read the other four for this one to make sense - although it would be wonderful if you did read them - as with all of my series titles, it features different main characters.

I'm completely in love with this cover, especially as it features two very important characters, and I'm not talking about the ones wearing the scarves! When my editor sent the image just a few weeks ago, I knew straightaway there was nothing I wanted to change. The same happened with The Book-Lovers' Retreat, so I'm hoping this book will be as lovingly received as my first standalone has been!

So, what's That Festive Feeling all about?

Here's the blurb to give you a taste - 

Holly has the place to herself this Christmas. It’s not her place, though – she is house-sitting for friends who live on Nightingale Square – just there to keep the place warm and cosy and only for long enough for her to sort her life out. Newly single and finding herself unsure about next steps for her career, she plans to hunker down and make some life decisions.

To clear her mind, she sets off on early morning walks around a nearby lake and bumps into May, an older lady who is also new to the area, and her dapper Dachshund Monty. Quickly, a firm friendship blossoms. Then when Holly meets Bear, a rather large and rather attractive man, at the local pub, and his rescue dog Elsie, her stay at Nightingale Square suddenly feels even more appealing.

As the community comes together for the season’s festivities, Holly must start thinking about where her life will take her next. Some big decisions need to be made, but distractions close to home make thinking about the future more tricky than ever…

Will she get that festive feeling this Christmas…?

The paperback and e-book are already available to order, and I know lots of you have already because both formats have flown up the Amazon chart in the last few days, so thank you very much! Here's a link for anyone who would like to take a look -

Order the book

I hope you all love the cover and title as much as I do and I look forward to welcoming you back to Nightingale Square later in the year.

With love

H x



No comments:

Post a Comment