Wednesday 25 May 2011

Push, push, push

Another sunny Wednesday and another milestone. I've reached 35,500 words today which I think is pretty good going considering its not quite June and I have given myself until the end of the year to complete my first draft.

On Monday I had a major re-read as it finally began to dawn on me just how easily I could get lost amongst so many words, so many twists and turns, so much dialogue...then I remembered a discussion I was fortunate enough take part in last year on a creative writing course.

The course tutor kindly invited a published friend to come and talk to us about the trials and tribulations of what we naively thought at the time was our dream job. He said that when he has completed his first draft he self publishes a single copy. Not only does it save a fortune on ink and paper but it also gives him something tangible, something he can keep with him and scribble on at will.

I think it is a brilliant idea - perhaps I have found my ideal Christmas present to myself! What do you think?

H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment