Friday 20 May 2011

Too many jobs...



Having spent the largest part of the Winter eagerly awaiting the demise of the darkest days and freezing temperatures I find myself now almost wishing they would hurry up and come back. Not only am I trying to spend every possible minute at the keyboard there are also numerous outside jobs to be taken care of as well! Watering duty every evening, pricking out and potting on seedlings, lawns to mow, weeding and dead heading... How is it all to be done?


I am as committed as ever to my writing of course and suddenly find a thousand or two words have escaped from the ends of my fingers before I realise it these days but it is hard work indeed when the sun is shining and the scent of the honeysuckle is challenging the senses and willing the body to just take one more turn around the garden!


Of course, if I am ever a published author it will all be worth it but if my efforts are in vain then I would at least like it acknowledged that I am a good juggler and at least capable of keeping most of my balls in the air!


H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment