Tuesday 31 May 2011

So much for planning...

Half term - a much needed opportunity to write and write and write...don't you believe it! I have spent an entire day installing Word 2010 on to my netbook and 're-formatting' nearly 140 pages...my neck aches, my hands are stiff and I haven't had as much as one creative thought!

When I set myself this monumental challenge (have a first draft completed by Christmas 2011) I was so keen to begin I just jumped in; I started typing and used the out of date software on my netbook knowing that if I put off starting I'd never get going. In hindsight this was a big mistake, deep down I knew that at some point I would have to update and today has been that day...

However, anyone who knows me knows that I am a 'hall full girl' and I am mightily relieved that I have done this now rather than in another 140 pages time. The manuscript looks extremely professional and I have around two and a half days to release the creative juices before the start of a new term. Now, where was I?

No comments:

Post a Comment