Friday 6 July 2012

A new path

Well a week has passed since the workshop and my brain has been going over everything I learnt. As a result I am now considering a very different path to publishing and feeling much more optimistic about the future of the 70,000 words lovingly saved on my memory stick.

I have received some wonderful feedback from Lucy McCarraher (Rethink Press) who took the first few pages of the novel to read and I have instigated the changes and additions she suggested. Consequently I have a much stronger opening chapter and have decided to keep editing over the Summer holidays and make a few changes. I know I said I would be putting the manuscript away but with these changes in mind and a shift in working hours from Autumn onwards I would be a fool to waste six weeks of potential editing opportunity wouldn't I?

I might even be ready to enter the Rethink Press new novels competition in September. Check out their website for details.

I will of course keep you posted!

H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment